Around the area
We like to think that we live in a pretty nice area with lots of interesting things to do, but please feel free to check out the list below and see if anything takes your fancy!
- National Trust Properties such as Upton House, Charlecote Park, Packwood House, Coughton Court & Croome.
- Stratford-Upon-Avon, Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Anne Hathaway’s Cottage, Mary Arden’s Farm & a mass of other attractions such as the RSC theatre, boating on the river Avon or just a stroll around our lovely culture steeped town.
- Royal Leamington Spa, Banbury, Warwick (Castle) & Kenilworth (another castle) are also just a short drive away.
- Heritage Motor Museum, National Herb Centre, a plethora of garden centres & lovely walks
- The Peacock Inn in Oxhill serves amazing food as does The Castle at Edgehill (there was a famous battle there once)
- There’s more but we have to let you do your own exploring & discovering!
Walking The Area
We have the famous centenary way footpath which runs straight through the farm and from there you can pick up lots of other routes along the way.
An OS map is recommended as we wouldn’t want to have to send the search party out!!
If you’re feeling a little more adventurous then we have a gliding club in nearby Shenington which offers one off flights. We would recommend making contact before your visit.
There are lots of bridleways and country lanes around us that are perfect for keen cyclists or just taking it slow and steady. As we are not very mountainous we wouldn’t say there was much mountain biking around the area!
Also local to us are various other past times including horse riding centres, leisure centres, outdoor laser quest, canoeing, parks and recreation areas, museums, libraries and lots more.
We are also accessible for:
- Blenheim Palace
- Ragley Hall
- Edgbaston (Cricket)
- London only an hour away (regular trains from Banbury)
- Cheltenham Racecourse
- Anywhere else you fancy really!